www.flickr.com
edaniel85's items Go to edaniel85's photostream

8/20/2011

Visiting Budapest Zoo

Two weeks ago Tibor (vlm) called me. He wanted to know if I was available the following weekend for a short trip to the Budapest Zoo. We got free tickets together with National Geographic DVDs. I had been to  the Zoo in February but I wanted to look around when my fingers do not freeze after two exposures.

Black birds
Budapest Zoo

We agreed that we would meet at 2 pm at the entrances... I was late... very late... my only excuse was that the traffic was terrible and I could park the car very far from the Zoo. After my apologies we could start the tour.
Our first stop was the snake petting just behind the gate. A medium size snake was put around the neck of Pingu and a man with a huge camera was taking pictures of her. We all had our cameras with us... that man thought we would buy his photos? He was mistaken...
After this intermezzo and seeing the water birds we went to the butterfly house. I missed it in February so I was very curious. The visitors were let in in small groups and they were warned to be very careful. There were beautiful butterflies inside. Some of them as big as my palm. The big ones didn't want to land so no one could take a picture of them... I suspect that they have to fly or the will die... like the sharks... It was strange that no one searched us through when we came out. How do they filter the fugitives?...
Butterfly_01
Butterfly
After seeing the butterflies we wandered in the Zoo aimlessly. We saw prairie-dogs, camels, farm animals (there were a colt and four or five piglets too) and then I finally realized where were we going... to the pinguins.
Mole-rat_04
Prairie-dog, watermelone
Curved neck
Goose
During our way to the small birds in tail coat we saw a bored polar bear and two pretty hectic seals. I think the quality of Budapest Zoo is high and they are paying attention to the living space of the animals but the pool of the seals is very poor stimulus.
Then we reached the yard of the penguins... we were slammed by the sight... there wasn't any pinguin in the area... Pingu almost cried and we were afraid that she would go mad so we started to evacuate the kids around. Then a keeper said the penguins would be fed soon. God bless him! He saved the mankind and the planet... Pingu calmed down when we watched the feeding of the birds.
Pingu's best friends_02
Pinguins, face right!
After we reached the zenith of our trip we prowled around the park. We got a glimps of a father who wanted to take a photo of a huge hippo as he ate his son.
Feeding time
Open your mouth!
We saw a bunch of squawking flamingos.
Pelican
Sad flamingo
We took photos of the lack of the giraffes and a sparrow on their railing.
Sparrow_01
Giraffe replacement
And Pingu noticed a suricata who was guarding their territory.
Suricata suricatta_01
I spotted you bro'!
On my way to the car I saw a japanese tourist taking pictures of the Széchenyi Bath and it inspired me too.
Bath
Széchenyi Bath
Tiny flowers

And I noticed a playground for skateboarders.
Jump!
In the air
Orange
Resting

No comments:

Post a Comment