www.flickr.com
edaniel85's items Go to edaniel85's photostream

9/11/2011

Birth of a building 1 - Construction pit shoring/preliminary works

This series will show you one of my first construction. This topic is a bit far from the title of the blog but this is a part of me too. So I will give you photos and descriptions about the works.
I can follow the formation of the built environment from the first line because of my job. In my posts I will inform you about a birth of a building in Budapest. I hope you will enjoy it.

Lets see...

We would like to built a 10 m deep construction pit in the middle of Budapest. It won't be an easy task because there are residential, diplomatic buildings and offices in the neighborhood.



There will be built a slurry wall but before the constructor will start the main works there are lot of things to do. The soil under the neighbours' foundation must be reinforced. To do that the designers has chosen jet-grouting technology. The method is the following: 1. a drill is pushed into the soil, 2. water and cement is injected to the soil through the nozzle  on the end of the drill (the diameter of the 'pillar' is depends on the pressure (~40MPa)). This water and cement mixed with the water solidifies into a soil-concrete block.
A drilling machine can be seen on the following picture:


The constructor does other preliminary works during the jet-grouting: the construction of the lead-beams of the slurry wall is in process. A part of it can be seen on the next picture:


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment