www.flickr.com
edaniel85's items Go to edaniel85's photostream

2/02/2012

Velence, Hungary

I have to catch up with myself… I have mentioned in my last post that there are some stories which I would like to share with you.
The next one is the tale of our short trip to Velence, Hungary. I think it would be the best if I tell you a little about the lake.
Reed

Reed

Lake Velence is the third largest lake in Hungary with its 26 km2 area. It is located near to Budapest and it can be easily approached by car or train. This map shows you the location of it. The lake is very shallow so the warmth of it is around 26-28 °C in the summer. Lake Velence is a popular beach and there is a cable wakeboard opportunity there as well.
And now let the story begin…
At the end of the last year I would like to get into the nature so I had suggested my friends to go to the Lake Balaton or Velence. Tibor had helped me to organize the trip and notified the fellow photographers about the excursion.
I asked Pingu as a weather-responsible to arrange a little sunshine with fog and clouds. She did her best.
According to the plans we wanted to go by train but I had a last-minute exam on Saturday so I had to go by car.
The one

The one

 
We met at Velence train station. I almost forgot to breath when I spotted the lake from the platform. It was amazingly blue in the bright sunshine like a painting with white clouds.
The lake was attacked by us next to the police station. My companions started to take pictures while I was just standing there and watching them… and thinking about what could I do with my 50mm lenses. Miklós had warned us that the north pole is much more crowded than Velence in winter but it was so shocking… It was nice but I should use a 200mm objective not the ones I had…
Than we started to the free beach from the pier. It was a little complicated because the shore is fenced off in many places so we had to approach the bank on the neighbouring streets.
The last one

The last one

Entry of the dock

Entry of the dock


We had scattered. Pingu led us She wanted to shot birds while Zo_zo and DeCcArD took long exposures with a grey filter. The photos of the others could be seen here.
Reed, path, lamp

Reed, path, lamp

 

I strolled around and took photos about everything which meand I shot the reed and the reed and the reed again… Then we arrived to the children’s pool where a young swan was found. We gave him some food and he let us took pictures.

Pier

Pier

Drops

Drops

_mg_0029-1601

Frigate

_mg_0017-1502

Pair of red noses

   
At that time the sun hid behind a cloud and the temperature had decreased. A few of us left us at the beach and sat into a restaurant while the rest of us were standing next to the water. And then we saw it…
_MG_0128-30_01

Sunset with swans


… the sunset. It was breathtakingly beautiful. We stand there in silence then started to took as many photo as we could. I decided to change my lenses to the 17-55mm one. The nature spoiled us.
_mg_0193-3911

Gitsh

_MG_0239-49_01

Pile

_mg_0246-5213

Reed and sunset

   
We filled our memory cards and after that our stomach in a little resaturant near to the beach.
It was a really good trip and I hope I will have some more in this year.
More photos can be seen here: indafoto or flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment